afflib, libewf, libguytools, guymager

Christophe Monniez dfence.242 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 11:10:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm currently working on the four packages mentionned in the subject.

The problem that I'm facing is that they are tied together like that :

+ afflib optionnaly needs libewf to be more complete
+ libguytools needs libewf
+ guymager needs libguytools

The problem that I'm facing is that I test the packages building with pbuilder.
As pbuilder looks in the build-dpends to automaticaly download the
ones needed, I cannot test the build of afflib as it needs libewf
which is yet to born.

The same problem will occur on the Debian build system.

The solution might be to upload those packages in the right order and
wait that it comes out officially before sending the next one.
But it will make a long time before the last package will arrive in testing.

For the pbuilder problem, I did not see any option to add extra-custom
packages but I might use another way to test it.

Do someone have an idea to solve this kind of problem ?

I suppose that a lot of 'big' packages have this kind of problem, so
I'm sure that a solution exists.

--
Christophe Monniez