RFS: ed2k-hash

Tiago Bortoletto Vaz tiago at debian-ba.org
Sat Sep 12 15:55:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 07:16:10PM -0300, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 11:27:27PM +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:
[...]
> Agreed and fixed for copyright information. Don't you think is it a problem
> having a watch entry pointing to another source but that used for packaging?

After some reading I guess it's not a problem. So, watch pointing back to sf.

[...]
> > IMHO that's an unusual format. ;) In the debian-forensics team we
> > usually use the Machine-readable debian/copyright, see
> > http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/
>
> Ok, I'm working on it. Good practice, though.

update: it was a pain for this package, but I did.

> > But much more import: what about for example admin/am_edit and
> > admin/debianrules? Are you sure all the KDE stuff is needed?
>
> The truth is there are a lot of stuff in this upstream tarball which aren't
> relevant for the package. The upstream agreed to remove the ./debian, but at
> the same time he stated he's not motivated to maintain this tool. I would love
> to do a cleanup in this tarball but couldn't find a good solution yet. I
> appreciate your opinion here, once I've often faced such situation in Debian.
> Options I can imagine:
>
> 1) Fork and maintain a new orig source in a better shape;

I've done some extra cleanup (CVS, kde and win32 stuff) and will maintain it
myself until the upstream agree to merge.

[...]
> Pushed the wrong orig, sorry.

Now it's ok.

> > And IMHO the CVS stuff should disappear from the tarball as well.
>
> Agreed, please help me to decide how to do it (see above), then I make
> available a (hopefully) fixed build.

Please have a look: http://brdesktop.org/~tiagovaz/ed2k-hash_0.3.3-1.dsc

Thanks,

--