afflib changes

Cristian Greco cristian at regolo.cc
Thu Jul 1 22:21:37 UTC 2010

[CCing to forensics-devel for the sake of clarity]

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 22:01:27 +0200
Christophe Monniez <dfence.242 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Cristian,
>
> I saw your answer and I'm a bit disappointed.
> Well, we should find a way to merge afflib-old.git and afflib.git.
>
> I'm sorry to say that you broke the advantage of using git for
> collaborative work by renaming the repository.
> We lost all the changes that were made before and there is no more a
> debian branch.
>
> Do you have an idea on how to resolve that ?
> What was the problem with the old git repos ?
>
> Anyway, thanks for your work on afflib.

Hi Christophe,

I moved the old repository to afflib-old after asking for consensus to
Michael. The repository is still available at:

http://git.debian.org/?p=forensics/afflib-old.git
git://git.debian.org/forensics/afflib-old.git

and this is the latest commit about 3.5.12-1 which never got tagged nor
uploaded:

http://git.debian.org/?p=forensics/afflib-old.git;a=commitdiff;h=b8ded550c2fdfda217661dbdacb3d721c12b6d08

I moved the repository because it was in a very bad shape, with a lot
of unneeded garbage erroneously tracked and a lot more work to be done
before switching from the 3.5.10+dfsg to 3.5.12 (plain dfsg-free
release, thanks to cooperation of upstream author applying patches and
suggestions of mine). In any case, I acknowledged your previous work for
3.5.12-1 (latest four commits in the old repository):

http://git.debian.org/?p=forensics/afflib.git;a=commitdiff;h=3650fa9763955c8d507e30be58cb2766cf844a55

Wrt the problem about the 'debian' branch, it is simply called 'master'
in the new repository (which is more reasonable, especially when using
git-buildpackage... the 'debian' branch is a non-standard by the old
maintainer which is common to most of the forensics packages).

Thanks,
--
Cristian Greco
GPG key ID: 0xCF4D32E4