RFS: logkeys

Vedran Furač vedran.furac at gmail.com
Tue May 18 12:57:41 UTC 2010

On 18.05.2010 13:31, Michael Prokop wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Vedran, first of all - sorry for the long delay in answering your mail.

No problem, better late than never. ;)

>> I was directed to this mailing list by Asheesh Laroia.
>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "logkeys". I would also note
>> that I'm familiar with this process as, for some years now, I already
>> maintain a couple of packages in debian and hopefully I haven't made any
>> errors when packaging this one.
>
>> It builds this binary package:
>> logkeys    - a keylogger for GNU/Linux systems
>
>> The upload would fix these bugs: 567414
>
>> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
>> main contrib non-free
>> - dget
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/logkeys/logkeys_0.1.0-1.dsc
>
> The package builds fine and lintian complains just about
> quilt-patch-missing-description, binary-without-manpage,
> manpage-has-errors-from-man and hyphen-used-as-minus-sign.

Those binaries without manpage are:

# cat /usr/bin/lkl
#!/bin/bash
logkeys --start

# cat /usr/bin/lklk
#!/bin/bash
logkeys --kill

So manpage is not needed, I could probably removed those. Others are
only minor warnings.

> I'm wondering about the "DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC
> LICENSE" in COPYING even though http://code.google.com/p/logkeys/
> says "GNU General Public License v3". I'm aware that the WTFPL is
> considered as GPL compatible, though I'm wondering whether
> debian/copyright shouldn't mention WTFPL instead?

I don't know. If you decide it's better that way, I'll update the package.

Regards,
Vedran

--
http://vedranf.net | a8e7a7783ca0d460fee090cc584adc12