extundelete

Christophe Monniez christophe.monniez at fccu.be
Wed Oct 20 07:57:54 UTC 2010

Le mercredi 20 octobre 2010 à 01:58 +0200, Elías Alejandro a écrit :
> Hi all,
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 06:28:17PM +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:
> > I'll upload extundelete as soon as you've finished packaging inside
> > git and give me your final ACK.
>
> I've just applied a couple of commits. I think it's ready. Basically
> refers to dpkg-source 3.0 according [1] and closing bug #569085
> furthermore appears to be lintian clean
> Please, could you review it.
>
> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/DebSrc3.0
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Elías Alejandro

Hi,
It builds well with git-buildpackage.
I tested the software against some ext3 partitions and it worked as
expected.

Here is what we could do to improve the package:
        - change the extundelete synopsis in the man page which says:
                extundelete [options] files...
                when could modify it to say :
                extundelete [options] device-file
        - The man page does't mention the --dump-names option which is
        mentioned in the help.
        - We should ask the upstream author to add an option to specify
        the directory where we want the files to be restored.

--
Christophe Monniez <christophe.monniez at fccu.be>