Debian Forensics Tasksel

Derrick Karpo dkarpo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 02:28:33 UTC 2011

Christophe I think this is a useful idea.  I have been doing something
similar manually on our forensics machines in the office but it would
be much easier to just tasksel 'forensics' and call it a day.  All of
your suggestions are good.  Some other things that may be of value:

  o disallow mounting of external swap partitions
  o associate certain mime types (ie. txt, .doc) with read only
viewers (ie. browser, doc viewer)
  o force journaled filesystems to loop mount (ie. 'ext3 -o ro,loop')
to prevent journal recovery

I don't have any experience with tasksel but if you are looking for
assistance I would be happy to help where I can.

Derrick