pritine-tar data

Christophe Monniez christophe.monniez at fccu.be
Sat Jun 11 08:38:40 UTC 2011

Le mardi 07 juin 2011 à 18:53 +0200, Julien Valroff a écrit :
> Le mardi 07 juin 2011 à 08:49:36 (+0200 CEST), Christophe Monniez a écrit :
> > Le dimanche 05 juin 2011 à 14:12 +0200, Julien Valroff a écrit :
> [...]
> > > Do you use git-import-orig with i --pristine-tar option to automatically do
> > > this job?
> > >

> > I use the method described here:
> > http://documentation.debian-projects.org/other/debian-packaging-git/
> > Mainly the "4.3 Adding new Upstream version"  point.
>
> I think this method is somehow outdated now that we have a very reliable
> tool which takes care of that automatically: git-buildpackage
>
> Using git-import-* tools and gbp-clone makes the workflow very easy, I
> suggest you have a look at these tools.

I took a look at the git-buildpackage tools and read the documentation.
I then gave it a try and it seems pretty easy.

But I have a few questions:
A) As it was an habit to use the branch name "debian" for the debian
branch of the debian forensics packages (appart from a few like afflib
because of gbp), is it better to rename it to master for all of our
package ? Or to modify the gbp configuration in each ".git/gbp.conf" ?

B) When I tried it against afflib, there was a few conflicts when
merging. I didn't find advices on how to resolve them in the
documentation. Is there a typical workflow for that ?

--
Christophe Monniez <christophe.monniez at fccu.be>