RFS: gpart/0.1h-12 [NMU] -- Closes all outstanding bugs :)

harish badrinath harishbadrinath at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:16:10 UTC 2012

  Package: sponsorship-requests
  Severity: normal

  Dear mentors (and others),

  I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gpart"

 * Package name    : gpart
   Version         : 0.1h-12
   Upstream Author : Michail Brzitwa <mb at ichabod.han.de>
 * URL             : http://www.brzitwa.de/mb/gpart/
 * License         : GPL-2
   Section         : admin

  It builds those binary packages:

    gpart - Guess PC disk partition table, find lost partitions

  To access further information about this package, please visit the
following URL:

  http://mentors.debian.net/package/gpart

    dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gpart/gpart_0.1h-12.dsc

  More information about hello can be obtained from
http://www.brzitwa.de/mb/gpart/.

  Changes since the last upload:

   gpart (0.1h-12) unstable; urgency=low
 .
   * Added line to include quilt.make to rules.
   * Added watch file and source format file.
   * Bumped Standards version.
   * Changed homepage to a reachable http://www.brzitwa.de/mb/gpart/ and updated
     Authors email address to, one found at the website's footer.
closes: #630336
   * Made gparted build on amd64. closes: #619831
   * Made gparted build on i386. closes: #619834
   * Changed build script to handle no-stip build option. closes: #437067
   * Fixed FTBFS on !linux-any. closes: #636814
   * Related to building gparted on AMD64. closes: #397632
   * Made a more helpful message whenioctl(HDIO_GETGEO) fails. closes: #341935
   * Divided 01-conglomeration.patch, into smaller patches.

Please note, Before filing this request for NMU :
I had filed two bug reports which can be accessed at
(a) bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=619834 and
(b) bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=619831.

Both of them generated no response in a timely fashion. I mailed the
current maintainers (forensics-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org) seeking
permission for a NMU upload and got no response.
So i have CC'ed three lists seeking mentorship for a NMU upload.
debian-mentors Mailing list : Because i seek mentorship for a NMU upload
debian-forensics Mailing list : Because they are the maintainers of
this fine piece of software
debian-hurd Mailing list : Because it closes the FTBFS on debian/Hurd
and adds some Hurd specific code fixes (ontop of FTBFS).

  Regards,
  Harish Badrinath