current gpart version?

Michael Prokop mika at debian.org
Tue Jun 12 00:17:16 UTC 2012

Hi Michail,

(resending to michail at brzitwa.de as mb at ichabod.han.de bounced):

I'm involved in the packaging team of gpart in Debian.

Your website http://www.brzitwa.de/mb/gpart/ is reporting
gpart-0.1f.tar.gz as the current gpart version, whereas in Debian we
already have version 0.1h, which is backed up by the changelog saying:

,---- [ changelog from our git ]
| v0.1h
|  - New support for the following filesystems: BeOS, QNX 4.x & SGI XFS.
|  - Updated Reiser filesystem support (Francis Devereux <francis at devereux.tc>).
|  - Updated LVM support.
|  - Several small fixes from contributors.
|
| v0.1g
|  - For access via raw devices: made writing of guessed table also aligned
|    (reading has been aligned since 0.1f).
|  - Fixed stupid copy&paste bug in the partition table check routine.
|
| v0.1f
|  - Default scan increment 'h' again.
|  - Fixed wrong head-boundary condition.
|  - Introduced possibility to edit guessed partitions.
|  - Scan now starts on (sectors/head) unless -k <start> was given.
|  - Length of guessed NTFS partitions now includes NTFS backup boot
|    sector.
| [...]
`----

Could you please enlighten us about the most recent version of
gpart? Any plans to provide a new release? Thanks!

regards,
-mika-