metacam issues

Eriberto Mota eriberto at debian.org
Wed Mar 4 12:24:25 UTC 2015

Hi Henri,

Thanks for your report.

> Do we really want to have several packages in Debian, which list and/or edit
> EXIF data for JPEG files?

IMHO, yes. I don't see any problem when maintaining several similar
packages in Debian. They are alternatives and each one has particular
features. Freedom is allow that users to choice the best software for
theirs interests, not impose a software only. I am teacher in of
Digital Investigations Postgraduate Course at Catholic University of
Brasilia (Brazil). in my lessons, my students use different programs
to solve each question in proposed exercises. So, each student will
know each possible program and will can choice which will use in a
future real case. I am working now in Forensics Team to update the
packages. I want review several packages up to July. Today, the
ed2k-hash, in FTBFS stage since one year, will be uploaded. (this
package was uploaded with 1-day delay yesterday - this is a personal
habit, because I can remember some important detail after done and fix
the issue before the final target, i.e., unstable/experimental)

Cheers,

Eriberto