scalpel 2.0+ licensing

ydirson at free.fr ydirson at free.fr
Tue Aug 9 20:26:05 UTC 2016

> Yes, I got approval from Golden and Vico.  When we reviewed the code
> (it was a few years ago), they were the only copyright holders.  I
> didn’t think there is any foremost code in there.  Is there?

Hi Brian,

Well, it was forked from an old foremost version, and the current foremost
version (at least the config-reading part) was still quite similar to the
scalpel 1.60.  Some code forensics would help, like importing in a git tree
foremost 0.69 and the various scalpel versions we can find until 2.0.
"git blame -w -C -C" will be able to help to get an idea of lines that
only changed by reindent (although some more work with code normalization
would be required for more accurate numbers, as the line-wrapping conventions
have been changed).