[Freefont-devel] Various freefont problems

Panayotis Katsaloulis panayotis@panayotis.com
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:13:01 +0200

Most of the problems reported here dealing with the greek language has
to do with the situation of version mismatch between the freefonts
found in Debian and the original tree found in the old freefont
packages.

The fonts which are now in alioth should not have any problems because
they have been taken after by me a couple of months ago.
Still, we can not use them directly because there are spacing problems
having to fo with fontforge (which is not able to properly calculate
the default vertical distance for a couple of reasons).

Unfortunately someone has to contact the authors of fontforge and talk
with them about this problem.