[Freewx-maint] Seg Fault in WxWidgets when running TrustedQSL

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Oct 7 04:21:20 UTC 2014

Colin Tuckley <colint at debian.org> wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right place to report this or if it's even a bug
> in WxWidgets, but ...

It could be a wx bug, or a bug in how the app is using the wx API.

> When trying to add a new location in TrustedQSL the app segfaults, see:

It seems this started with the switch to wxwidgets3.0 then.  It would
be good to retest with 3.0.2, which I uploaded a few hours ago, in
case it's a wx bug which upstream have already fixed.

> Building the package with nostrip and running it from gdb gives:

Installing libwxbase3.0-0-dbg and libwxgtk3.0-0-dbg would be useful - the
method it crashes in is 30 lines long.

Cheers,
    Olly