[Freewx-maint] Any plans for wxPython 4.0?

Scott Talbert swt at techie.net
Sat Feb 3 04:37:22 UTC 2018

On Wed, 24 Jan 2018, Philipp Huebner wrote:

>>> are there any plans regarding wxPython 4.0 for Debian?
>>>
>>> It's needed for #888245.
>>
>> Yes, I am planning to package it (and have started work on it).
>> However, I'm waiting for the first official release of wxPython 4.0 in
>> order to submit the new package.  So far it is at RC stage.
>
> okay, sounds good!
>
> For me it would be helpful to have the 4.0 package sooner rather than
> later. Do you have it in a public VCS and/or are willing to share it
> with me?
>
> If you don't want the "rc-only" package to enter unstable/testing you
> could also just upload it to experimental.
>
> Let me know if you need sponsoring, granting dm privileges or whatever.

Philipp,

wxPython 4.0 official release is now out and the sip problem has been
fixed in unstable, so I've been able to finish the packaging.  If you
would like to review it, that would be much appreciated.  It is available
here:
https://salsa.debian.org/freewx-team/wxpython4.0

Also, I've uploaded it to mentors as well:
https://mentors.debian.net/package/wxpython4.0

Thanks,
Scott