[Freewx-maint] Any plans for wxPython 4.0?

Scott Talbert swt at techie.net
Wed Feb 7 14:03:48 UTC 2018

On Wed, 7 Feb 2018, Philipp Huebner wrote:

> Am 07.02.2018 um 02:17 schrieb Scott Talbert:
>> Thanks for the review!  I think I've addressed all your comments.
>>
>> Let me know if you notice anything further.
>
> the package is looking good!
>
> However, it seems something has gone awry importing the source for
> 4.0.1: it's imported and tagged in master directly instead of imported
> and tagged in upstream and then merged into master (the default of "gbp
> import-orig ../<name>.tar.gz").

Odd.  I'm 99% sure that's exactly what I did.  Do I have to switch to the
upstream branch before running that command?

Do you think I should try to fix this?  It would probably require
force-pushing to the repo.  :(

> Minor issues that can be fixed with a later upload:
> - Lintian finds several spelling errors that you might consider
> forwarding to upstream
> - Lintian hints that the short+long package descriptions for the python2
> and python3 packages are identical
> - Lintian still detects missing hardening, so either my suggestion did
> not work or these are false positives (Certainty: wild-guess)

Most likely the build flags are not getting used by waf, I would guess.  I
will look into it.

Scott