[Freewx-maint] Migrating to GTK+3 packages

Scott Talbert swt at techie.net
Fri Mar 30 04:36:06 UTC 2018

On Thu, 29 Mar 2018, Olly Betts wrote:

>>> Scott: I see you've switch wxpython4.0.  Are you planning to do
>>> wxpython3.0 too?
>>
>> Yes, I'll do wxpython3.0 too.  You might have to do the upload as I would
>> plan on bringing back the webview module.  I don't know if bringing an old
>> binary package back counts as NEW, but it might?
>
> I think that would count as NEW.  Happy to sponsor the upload.

Okay, wxpython3.0 should be ready for upload, whenever you have a chance.

BTW, do you run into problems with wxpython files in git not matching what
is in the tarball?  It seems to be related to the files that have Windows
line endings (.bat and .rc files).  I thought I could fix it with setting
git attributes but it didn't seem to resolve the problem.

>> What do you think is best?  I'm happy to help with filing bugs.
>
> I think the transition tracker is the best first step, as that means
> we then have an auto-updating view of progress and it automatically
> gently prods maintainers.
>
> I'm happy to request one.

That would be great, thanks!

Scott