[Freewx-maint] Migrating to GTK+3 packages

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Mar 30 22:44:44 UTC 2018

On 31 March 2018 at 10:36, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
> On 30 March 2018 at 17:36, Scott Talbert <swt at techie.net> wrote:
>> BTW, do you run into problems with wxpython files in git not matching what
>> is in the tarball?  It seems to be related to the files that have Windows
>> line endings (.bat and .rc files).  I thought I could fix it with setting
>> git attributes but it didn't seem to resolve the problem.
>
> Rings a vague bell, but I've not touched wxPython for some time so I
> don't remember any useful details.

I ran into this trying to build - to resolve it I reverse applied the
patch that's generated to show the changes which aren't in
debian/patches:

patch -p1 -R < /tmp/wxpython3.0_3.0.2.0+dfsg-7.diff.o0wz9v

Then git didn't think anything had changed (!) but I could build the package OK.

It's as if there's some "ignore line ending differences" setting on
somewhere, but I don't see where.

I'm afraid I can't actually build right now as I can't upgrade my build chroot:

https://bugs.debian.org/894456

Once doko fixes this I'll try again.

Cheers,
    Olly