[Glibc-bsd-devel] workaround for gcc macro fuckage

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 15:54:02 +0100

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 12:58:00PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > Shouldn't those go in the target files in gcc? A wrapper seems like the
> > wrong fix to me, unless it's intended to be very temporary.
>
> I mostly agree.
>
> Before doing that, I would put the wrapper in the gcc-3.4 package instead.

Both places seem fine to me..

> [ The packages generated by gcc-defaults are OS-neutral, and I think
>   it is a good thing that they continue to be ].

gcc-defaults is not OS-neutral IIRC, the Architecture is set to any and
sometimes /usr/bin/gcc is a wrapper program instead of symlink (i think
that was on s390)

> Anyway, I think this should not be very difficult to fix. I will try
> to find the right fix first.

Well, drop me a note if you find it :). But you should ask Guillem first
(maybe he started to debug it already)

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)