[Glibc-bsd-devel] Xfree86 on GNU/kNetBSD

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:37:06 +0100

Hi!

Last night I uploaded xfree86 to gnuab with my recent patches for the X server
to work on GNU/kNetBSD.

To get it working configure normaly (with debconf, copying XF86Config manualy,
etc), and do the following adjustments:

 - mouse Device is "/dev/wsmouse" with Protocol "wsmouse".
 - disable the "dri" module.

You'll have to "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/" before running any
X clients.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)