[Glibc-bsd-devel] Re: Re: format of libz.so not recognized

Santiago Vila sanvila@unex.es
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:56:29 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Robert Millan wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 01:18:37AM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > Problem solved. Reported as Bug #220844, and "unreleased" zlib_1.1.4-16+gnu
> > to ftp.gnuab.org to celebrate.
>
> Cool :). I can remove the "install zlib1g-dev" kludge in crosshurd now.

Mark Brown (the maintainer) released zlib_1.1.4-17 yesterday (which I
also built and uploaded), so no kludge should be required at all now.

> Btw note that Guillem recommends the "+kbsd" extension when the fixes are
> specific to GNU/K*BSD.

I was in doubt about this. I used "gnu" because the fix applies to any
GNU/* system, not just those having a *BSD kernel. In fact the fix has
nothing to do with BSD as such, but if you prefer I will use kbsd next
time for these kind of things.