[Glibc-bsd-devel] Re: Glibc-based Debian GNU/KNetBSD

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:54:04 +0100

[ Please keep the CC ]

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 11:12:35AM +1100, matthew green wrote:

>    A usable Debian GNU/KNetBSD system based on Glibc is now available:
>
> so... can someone explain what the plan is for deb/netbsd wrt libc?
>
> ie, will there be 2 systems one that is compatible with netbsd (ie
> that people can upgrade to, run normal netbsd apps, etc) and one that
> isn't (ie, glibc) ?  or will the binary compatible debian/netbsd die
> now that glibc version has arrived?

Frankly, I don't know. But I can tell you I'll keep working on the Glibc-based
port since it produced good results so far. I've done something with Glibc in
months, that took years to produce with NetBSD libc.

We'll get to discuss that at some point. For now, I invite everyone to try
the Glibc-based system and see the results.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)