[Glibc-bsd-devel] KBSD Mini-Porting Reference + Quinn-Diff + New Packages

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:43:17 +0000

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 11:09:00PM -0400, Nathan Hawkins wrote:

> > But wasn't the problem in Glibc?
>
> The DNS resolver in glibc is broken. Bruno Haible knew which function
> was broken, but IIRC, hadn't found a fix that glibc maintainers would
> accept.

Ouch, that's good news! I'm CCing him.

Bruno: Do you have any helpful information regarding the DNS resolver bug
in Glibc (for kernel of FreeBSD, that is)?

> > Argh. Which version of libtool? The version in CVS is suposed to work fine;
> > if it doesn't we have big trouble since the 1.6 release is near.
>
> Probably the hacked up old version in the package. Some source archives
> do dumb things with libtool. :(

Ok then. Things will get easier when 1.6 is released.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)