[Glibc-bsd-devel] python2.3 built

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 14:07:33 +0000

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 09:03:34AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have python2.3 ready for use. Available at my people home. Robert
> could you move it to your repo ? they are signed.

Uhm.. but python2.3 is already in my repo (IIRC)

> The only thing missing to have mini-dinstall is python-apt but it will
> be trickier as it needs g++ :<. So next urgent thing is to fix gcc.

GCC (current pre3.4) needs two things:

  - A set of patches which I'm trying to merge into CVS by pinging maintainers
    periodicaly (I'll raise the ping frequency a bit, maybe that helps).
  - An updated libtool.

The first one takes its own time. For the second, I planned to ask upstream
for an update when libtool 1.6 is released, but maybe that takes too much.

If someone wants to help, you could update GCC for libtool pre1.6 from CVS
(it's a non-trivial task due to dependencies in autotools/makefile stuff) and
send some patches to upstream.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)