[Glibc-bsd-devel] python2.3 built

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:44:13 +0000

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 03:06:23PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 02:07:33PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> >
> > Uhm.. but python2.3 is already in my repo (IIRC)
>
> Ugg ;> Then I needed a more recent version I supose, I recall apt
> telling me it was uninstallable or something.
>
> python/python2.3_2.3.1-3.dsc [standard:out-of-date]
>
> Now python2.3_2.3.2-1_freebsd-i386.changes.

Ah.. yes, I remember now. python (arch: all) tends to depend on specific
python2.3 (arch: any) versions so the builds often go obsolete.

I'll add your package when I get a minute.

> > GCC (current pre3.4) needs two things:
> >
> >   - A set of patches which I'm trying to merge into CVS by pinging maintainers
> >     periodicaly (I'll raise the ping frequency a bit, maybe that helps).
> >   - An updated libtool.
> >
> > The first one takes its own time. For the second, I planned to ask upstream
> > for an update when libtool 1.6 is released, but maybe that takes too much.
>
> We could roll out our own gcc =P. So we can build some important C++
> packages..and derived ones. If I've some time I'll try that.

Sure, but please use the latest upstream version with the "gcc-snapshot"
debian package. You'll need my patchset (I'll pass it to you when I reboot)
and probably updating libtool in GCC sources also.

For a working libtool, only the latest upstream CVS (HEAD) is expected to fit.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)