e2fsck

Robert Millan rmh@debian.org
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 04:14:07 +0200

Uhm.. looks like e2fsck is screwed.  But this time, we know why! :)

This is the same problem we had on fsck.ufs.  As discussed off-list, stat()
won't work on kfreebsd for obtaining the filesystem size.

Guillem, how did you sort it out?  Should we copy the code from your ufsutils
or do you plan a more generic solution with a separate library or some such?

	$ e2fsck -y /dev/ad0s4
	e2fsck 1.35 (28-Feb-2004)
	ext2fs_check_if_mount: No such file or directory while determining whether /dev/ad0s4 is mounted.
	The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 12502586 blocks
	The physical size of the device is 0 blocks
	Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
	Abort? yes

(If you wonder about the ext2fs_check_if_mount error, it happens because of
mtab not being present, and is harmless.)

--
Robert Millan

(Debra and Ian) (Gnu's Not (UNiplexed Information and Computing System))/\
(kernel of *(Berkeley Software Distribution))