FreeBSD <sys/types.h>

Robert Millan rmh@debian.org
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 00:24:29 +0100

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 09:50:25PM +0100, Nicolas Souchu wrote:
> >  * include FreeBSD's <sys/types.h> (either by renaming or by using its absolute
> >    path), and integrate it with Glibc's to avoid type conflicts.
>
> Or ensure <machine/_types.h> defines foo; but I prefer including FBSD
> sys/types.h in glibc types.h

Sounds like the most reasonable to me too.  Btw, when solving type conflicts
between glibc and kfreebsd headers, I've so far choosed to just remove the
type defined by kfreebsd's.  However if we want to integrate the changes in
upstream we should support their setup somehow.  How about protecting them
like this:

#if defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined(_KERNEL)
  code here is used by:
    - kernel and userland on FreeBSD
    - kernel, but not userland, on GNU/kFreeBSD
#endif

Do you think this is acceptable for upstream?

--
 .''`.   Proudly running Debian GNU/kFreeBSD unstable/unreleased (on UFS2+S)
: :' :