[Glibc-bsd-devel] GNU/k*BSD news

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 23:18:22 +0200

Hi folks.

Some random thoughts on the latest progress, so that those of you not
hanging in #gnu-kbsd stay informed.

 - There's been a transition in the way kfreebsd headers are integrated
   with Glibc. Please downgrade to kfreebsd-headers_4.6-1_kfreebsd-i386.deb
   and upgrade to latest libc0.1-dev in archive. We'll switch to 5.2.1
   headers when Glibc can be built with them.
 - We have gcc 3.4 again, but this time ported properly. My patches are in
   Debian gcc repository for 3.4 and pending commit in upstream (for 3.5)
 - We have GDB (6.1-3). It's in the archive now. It doesn't work as well as
   you could expect, though.
 - We're starting to use the SVN repo for everything now. Packages specific
   to this port (kfreebsd5, glibc-kbsd, etc) are hosted there now. As for
   patches tot he bulk of Debian, they're in web/patches directory.
   (see http://svn.debian.org/viewcvs/glibc-bsd/trunk/)

Guillem said he'd fix the Glibc resolver bug now that we have GDB, so I'm
currently targetting at Xfree86 again (it needs some rework to keep in sync
with Branden's).

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)