[Glibc-bsd-devel] Getting a package uploaded to GNUAB

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Fri, 7 May 2004 21:35:20 +0200

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 05:07:32PM +1000, Joshua Cummings wrote:
> I've recently started packaging a few things for GNU/kFreeBSD and I'd
> really like to see some of them on GNUAB. Ofcourse, I need a sponsor.
>
> Basically, I've built a Links 2.1 package and I'm looking for a sponsor
> to look it over, give me some feedback on changes/fixes needed and
> eventually upload it to the main GNUAB archive.

Hi Joshua,

We don't sponsor binary packages built by someone else. Autobuilders are
supposed to mass-build every package and upload it as long as it builds
without modification.

Otherwise if links can be built without need of any changes, tell me and
I'll build and upload it manualy.

If it required porting work, please send the patch here. You can also
forward the patch to the BTS or the upstream developers if you like.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)