Threading problem spotted

Robert Millan rmh@debian.org
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 01:32:42 +0100

Hi!

I spotted the guilty of most of our problems with threads.  The sched_getparam
syscall is totaly broken on kFreeBSD.  it returns weird priority numbers like
-1036871016 and such.

Since their thread implementation is based on SE, they haven't noticed.  But
on LinuxThreads, threads use the process scheduler so pthread_getschedparam ()
is a stub to sched_getparam ().

I'm setting up a temporary workaround in libgthread (glib2.0 package).  This
gets nautilus, gnome-terminal and others to work, but the real fix in kFreeBSD
might restore other programs to a working state (I hope for mozilla!).

I filed this as http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=76485.  If someone
with an idea of kFreeBSD internals wants to have a look it'd be appreciated.

--
 .''`.   Proudly running Debian GNU/kFreeBSD unstable/unreleased (on UFS2+S)
: :' :