Gentoo GNU/kFreeBSD

Robert Millan rmh@debian.org
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 06:32:43 +0100

Hi,

I decided to step in and started playing with Gentoo's build system.  After
a few days of work I got Gentoo GNU/kFreeBSD to work on Glibc [1].

I've put a stage tarball available for download at:

  http://master.debian.org/~rmh/kfreebsd-gnu

See the 00README file for details.

The system is composed of almost every package Gentoo Linux has (baselayout,
etc) with the exception of obviously unportable ones like module-init-tools
and such.  I installed a few packages manualy from Debian, but most of the
stuff (including gcc/binutils) is built natively.

[1]  Given my total ignorance on Gentoo, I started from the existing Gentoo
FreeBSD system and gradualy migrated it to Glibc, with aid of some black magic
to avoid weird library conflicts..

--
 .''`.   Proudly running Debian GNU/kFreeBSD unstable/unreleased (on UFS2+S)
: :' :