Minutes of GNU/kFreeBSD IRC meeting 20050703

Aurelien Jarno aurelien@aurel32.net
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:39:57 +0200

		GNU/kFreeBSD IRC meeting, July 03, 2005
                =======================================

The third Debian GNU/kFreeBSD meeting was held from 19:00 UTC to 19:30
UTC on Sunday July 03th.

The next meeting will take place on *Saturday* July 16th at 19:00 UTC.

Minutes
-------

People mentioned:
  aurel32: 	Aurelien Jarno
  braindmg:	Guillem Jover

1) The patch for dpkg to support architectures like linux-any is
   finished, and have been sent to Scott James Remnant. It should be in
   the next release of dpkg.

2) aurel32 and braindmg would be at debconf 5. It would be nice to have
   a demo machine running GNU/kFreeBSD. Maybe some people will be
   interested in the port.

3) The Etch release policy forbids build-depends modification at build
   time. We have to fix our packages that are still doing that. Here is
   the current list:
   - freebsd-sendpr (unstable)
   - kfreebsd5-headers (unreleased)
   - freebsd-moused (unreleased)
   - freebsd-kvm (unreleased)
   - libpipx (unreleased)
   - kfreebsd-headers (unreleased)

4) The new version of apt support signed Release files. Thanks to
   braindmg, the support has been added to gnuab.org, but we have a
   problem with the following source:
     deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/
   which is not signed.

5) aurel32 has bootstrapped the gnat compiler (from gcc-3.4). The
   compiler itself works well, but the libgnat doesn't pass the
   testsuite for the tests that are using tasks. braindmg suggests to
   post the patch and the testcase to the list.

6) aurel32 was unable to attend to the next meeting (he will be
   returning from debconf), therefore the next meeting has been moved
   to *Saturday* July 16th at 19:00 UTC.

New action points
-----------------
* aurel32 & braindmg:	fix our packages that are modifying
                        build-depends at build time

Opened action points
--------------------
* aurel32:		rebuild all packages that are still using
                        lipthread2
* braindmg:		work on util-linux
* aurel32:		get the out-of-date packages down to 220
                        by 20050611
* aurel32:		update gcc to 3.3.6 and add java support
* braindmg:		send a status of the port to debian-devel
* aurel32:		finish porting glibc-2.3.2 and start port
                        of glibc-2.3.5

Closed action points
* braindmg:		start the work on gcc-4.0

 : :' :  Debian GNU/Linux developer | Electrical Engineer