DNS resolver on kFreeBSD finally fixed

Robert Millan rmh@debian.org
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:08:53 +0100

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 04:21:31AM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In my previous mail to the list, I explained that the DNS resolver of
> the glibc was working with IPv6 but not with IPv4 nameservers.
>
> Since then I have found the problem, the value of socklen (the third
> argument of connect() ) was always set to the length of an IPv6 socket
> address, even for an IPv4 connection. It seems it doesn't hurd the
> Linux kernel, but it does for the FreeBSD one.
>
> I have uploaded a fixed version of the glibc, that will be available
> soon on the ftp (it is currently in incoming).

Very nice!

Also tried and works fine here, too.  Btw, some things need to be updated
accordingly:

  - dhclient is now usable (before it mangled resolv.conf and broke the totd
    hack), so I added it to the freebsd-utils package.  I haven't managed to
    integrate it with ifupdown but it's a step forward for dhcp users.

  - crosshurd shouldn't setup the totd hack anymore (I just fixed this)

  - livecd needs an update (I'll roll out one once freebsd-utils is installed).

  - Do we have any old documentation and/or TODO references to this bug?

--
 .''`.   Proudly running Debian GNU/kFreeBSD unstable/unreleased (on UFS2+S)
: :' :