50 user requirement

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Mon Nov 14 12:38:54 UTC 2005

Hi,

>From #debian-devel:

13:23 < nyu> We have recorded a total of 87 users of kfreebsd-i386 from different sources (5 of them).  Obviously, there
             are duplicates, and we haven't investigated how many.  Do you think this meets the 50 user requirement?
13:23 < nyu> http://wiki.debian.org/kfreebsd-i386EtchReleaseRecertification
[...]
13:28 < vorlon> nyu: no, porters should be responsible for weeding out the duplicates and establishing a minimum user
                count that we can have confidence in.  But anyway, you should probably be talking to the ftpmasters about
                getting onto ftp.d.o first, the criteria for which are *not* up to the release team

This suggests that we should merge
http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_userlist into
http://buildd.net/cgi/archvote.phtml.

I asked Ingo if we can have access to the names of registered users in
buildd.net, so that we can find those in the wiki that haven't registered
in buildd.net yet, and contact them.

At that point we could remove all the people in the wiki that don't claim to
have it installed (e.g. they say they're interested and/or will install in the
future).  As for those who say they have installed in the wiki, but are not
registered in buildd.net, since this is public information, do you think we
could register them in buildd.net ourselves?  Otherwise we'd contact them and
see if they add a registration there.

Any comments on this?

--
Robert Millan