Ging 0.1.0

Hassard, Stephen SHassard at angio.com
Mon Nov 14 15:51:38 UTC 2005

Robert,

What's the easiest way to integrate this change back into the ging CD? I
don't currently have GNU/kFreeBSD installed on a HD so I'm not quite
sure how you'd like me to proceed.

As far as I can tell from my Linux PCs, when no monitor frequencies are
included, the display driver is queried for the info. I'm not sure what
drivers this works with, but I've personally tried it with i810, nv, and
ati without problems. vesa works by defacto since it only supports 60Hz.
I can verify this functionality tonight with my freebsd 6.0 box with the
nv driver, which seems to be behave the same.

Thanks,
Steve