Experimental repository for kfreebsd-i386

Aurelien Jarno aurelien at aurel32.net
Wed Nov 16 21:24:36 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I am happy to announce the support of experimental on ftp.gnuab.org. You
can add the following lines to your source.list (needs some tweaks
depending on your favorite mirrors):

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian experimental main
deb http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian dists/experimental/main/binary-i386/

The autobuilders are building packages from experimental. The idea behind
that is to detect build failure before the packages are uploaded to
unstable. Moreover, some of the bugs reported for kfreebsd are sometimes
fixed into experimental first, so that's a way to check the bugs have
been correctly fixed.

Unfortunately, I have some minor problems with the buildd suite and
experimental: it does not install packages from experimental by default,
so some package have missing build-dependencies. This is also the case
for all Debian autobuilders building experimental but m68k and amd64.
I'll try to find the patch they are using.

Cheers,
Aurelien

 `. `'   aurel32 at debian.org         | aurelien at aurel32.net