Miscellaneous notes

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Sat Nov 19 09:41:50 UTC 2005

On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 05:20:23AM +0000, Brian M. Carlson wrote:
> I have kFreeBSD 6.0 packages working.

Very nice!  Btw, did you need to fix anything in trunk/kfreebsd-6 ?  When I
committed it it wasn't yet tested.

> However, there is a need for updated
> glibc packages, as this would fix the ssh/sftp problem[0].
> [...]
> [0] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/lib/libc/stdlib/grantpt.c

I don't quite understand the problem with openpty(), but Glibc 2.3 is now
buildable.  Does that help?

> Can we please not reboot the system if remount at reboot fails?  I think it
> would be fine to wait on the disk for several seconds (up to 60) to become
> not busy.  This just cost me /etc/motd due to a filesystem and softupdates
> inconsistency, and fsck runs at every boot.  Thank you.

Sounds good.  I'd also add a "sync" before calling mount.

> I will also prod the xserver maintainers, as 338290 is still unfixed, and it
> is giving me some grief.

There's also #331517 (FTBFS in experimental).

--
Robert Millan