pure binary-all in pool-kfreebsd

Guillem Jover guillem at debian.org
Fri Oct 14 05:00:51 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 10:26:37AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> I think we need to have pure binary-all packages available, and
> particularly in the same pool as kfreebsd-i386 ones are.  The hack to import
> them from an i386 pool works for apt (with some problems wrt authentication
> AFAIK), but the following debian utilities don't work at all:

>   - debian-cd: Needs binary-all available in the same pool as kfreebsd-i386
>     ones.  Can be easily hacked to use more than one pool, but all them must
>     be kfreebsd-i386 pools (i.e. no importing of i386 pool).
>   - debootstrap: Only operates on a single pool.

I don't think they require the binary-all packages to be in the same
pool, but just listed in the same Packages file, the pool structure
should be transparent to those tools, it could even be a flat
hierarchy.

> Any comments on this?

Yes, as I've told several times, I agree on adding an independent
binayr-all pool, but merging it with the pool-<arches> will
increase too much the stuff to mirror (ask Santiago ;), so I oppose
this.

regards,
guillem