how to correct GPG error when updating via apt-get update

Konstantinos Koukopoulos kouk at noc.uoa.gr
Fri Oct 14 19:51:21 UTC 2005

On Fri 14 Oct 2005 21:18, you wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 06:43:22PM +0300, Konstantinos Koukopoulos wrote:
> > On a different note, it seems that the gnupg package, version
> > 1.4.0-3+kbsd, available from ftp.gnuab.org is missing it's dependency
> > information. Is this something known or where should I report it?
>
> It's known.  It happens because we applied a broken patch to fix a
> dependency on "makedev", which is no longer a problem anyway.
>
> So just an unpatched rebuild would do it.  Unfortunately it seems to FTBFS
> for another reason right now..

ok, because I think that the original poster's problem is probably due to the
lack of libbz2 and libreadline5 in a fresh install of gnu/kfreebsd5 and not
due to the lack of the gnuab key in apt's keyring (a problem which he would
probably face anyway though..). So if Jett Tayer is still reading the thread
he might try apt-get'ing libbz2-1.0 and libreadline5 to see if it fixes the
problem.