about Linux-specific packages

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Sun Oct 30 05:49:11 UTC 2005

On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 08:41:41PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Robert Millan a ?crit :
> >Hi list,
> >
> >We currently have 0.76 of packages in archive [1].  Does this number take
> >into
> We never reached this value, it seems you have rounded it a bit...

It was > 0.755, so I rounded up.

> This P-a-S file is used:
> http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/Packages-arch-specific
>
> The only way to increase this percentage is to port packages, the stats
> are already correct.

As discussed on IRC, I noticed that lots of these packages shouldn't have the
"kfreebsd-i386" bit;  sometimes because they're totaly Linux-specific, sometimes
because they just don't exist in the archive.

I put a patch in patches/debian-only/packages-arch-specific.diff.  If everything
works fine I'll try to merge it upstream.

--
Robert Millan