util-linux

Dale C. Scheetz dwarf at polaris.net
Thu Feb 2 23:00:16 UTC 2006

I know my idea would require a maintainer to step up and do the work, and while I'm not certain I'm the one to do this, I would certainly collaborate with someone on the problem.

util-linux is free software, right?

So, fork off util-generic, fix the issues for hurd and bsd, and keep on truck'n.
If util-generic does the job on all platforms (including Linux) it might very well replace util-linux. At least, that's a level of competition that could be useful for all.

What do you think Robert?

BTW, the latest live bsd cd is MUCH better than the first one. Keep up the good work! I've been meaning to talk with you about applying Knoppix technology to that boot disk...

Waiting is,

Dwarf