util-linux

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Mon Feb 6 08:32:27 UTC 2006

On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 04:50:29PM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> > Sounds like a good idea.  I think from all the possible solutions it's the
> > one
> > that sucks less ;)
>

> Let me know what I can do to help.

Guillem just told me off-list that the patches weren't sent upstream yet.  I
think it's better to wait to see how upstream responds when they have them.

25&26 feb in Brussels, see http://www.fosdem.org/2006

> The main piece of technology is the cloop driver, which would need to be
> integrated into the kernel. After that you compress the file system do some
> init stuff to mount the image against a ramdisk. (You've probably got that
> pretty much under control, some minor tweaks may be needed...)

Yeah.  We do this already :)

You can have a look at the scripts, they're in trunk/web/ging/.

--
Robert Millan