Gentoo GNU/kFreeBSD install CD

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Mon Feb 6 18:31:37 UTC 2006

Hi!

I just made an update of my previous Gentoo GNU/kFreeBSD proof-of-concept
tarball.  Up-to-date toolchain (gcc 4.0, glibc 2.3.5, etc) is now available.
The system is also capable of booting normaly and setting up network with
minimal effort.

The following install CD should help those who want to try it.  It's based on
the same installer used for FreeBSD CDs (sysinstall):

  http://glibc-bsd.alioth.debian.org/gentoo/

I'd appreciate if you give it a try and tell me what you think.  Comments and
feedback is specialy welcome from experienced Gentoo hackers (since my knowledge
on gentoo is quite limited, I'd like to know if I did everything right).

Thanks,

P.S: feel free to forward this message to any list/forum/whatever in gentoo
where it might be relevant.

--
Robert Millan