Create a debian-kfreebsd-amd64 mailinglist?

Goswin von Brederlow brederlo at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Sat Mar 4 13:46:29 UTC 2006

Robert Millan <rmh at aybabtu.com> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 12:01:48AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wonder if it wouldn't be time to create a
>> debian-kfreebsd-amd64 at lists.debian.org list for this new port?
>
> I don't really see the point.  We have two lists already, debian-amd64 and
> debian-bsd.  Adding one more would confuse users.
>
> --
> Robert Millan

debian-amd64 at lists.debian.org is the official ML for Debian GNU/Linux
on the AMD64 architecture. Having BSD topics show up there will be
confusing, not to mention that all the (surely increasing when debian
adds amd64 officialy) linux traffic will drown out bsd topics. For
people intrested in just bsd on amd64 the S/N ratio will be realy bad.

MfG
        Goswin