kfreebsd-amd64 base system ready

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Tue Mar 14 21:02:49 UTC 2006

Hi again,

I've built CD installer images for kfreebsd-amd64.  You can install it normaly
as a standalone system now.

Check them out at:

  http://glibc-bsd.alioth.debian.org/install-cd/

The boot sequence is not as mature as in kfreebsd-i386 yet (fsck and ifup
segfault), but you should have no trouble in setting up network manualy or
via dhclient.

As for the packages, thanks to Aurelien Jarno's porting/buildd efforts, we have
a resonably complete set now (a few more than hurd-i386 at the moment):

  http://unstable.buildd.net/buildd/Installed_stats.png

Enjoy!

--
Robert Millan