[Gnome22-user] Some GNOME 2.2 Icons Broken

Michael G. Morey mmorey@optivel.com
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:27:18 -0500

James Strandboge wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 10:30, Michael G. Morey wrote:
>

>>All,
>>
>>I'm happily running the backport of GNOME 2.2 to Debian Woody, and yet
>>find that some icons are broken, and so appear as [X] in the menus.
>>These include:
>>
>>Actions->Run Program
>>Actions->Screenshot
>>
>>Can anyone tell me how to determine to which packages these icon files
>>belong?  I know only how to do the reverse, i.e., "dpkg --filelist
>><package-name>."
>>

>$ dpkg -S gnome-screenshot.png
>gnome-desktop-data: /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-screenshot.png
>
>$ COLUMNS=100 dpkg -l | grep gnome-desktop-data
>ii  gnome-desktop-data  2.2.2-1woody1       Common files for GNOME 2
>desktop apps
>
>Jamie

Jamie,

I reinstalled the package, although "apt-get --reinstall install
gnome-desktop-data" didn't do the trick.  I downloaded the package and
installed it using "dpkg -i gnome-desktop-data."  That "dpkg -S
<filename>" will come in handy.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Michael

--
Michael Morey
Consultant