[Gnome22-user] pango packages fro xfree86 4.3

James Strandboge jamie@tpptraining.com
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:24:25 -0500

Though I do not provide xfree86 4.3 packages, there are many people who
use the gnome2.2 backport but need or want xfree86 4.3.  Because xfree86
4.3 requires freetype >= 2.1, and pango is compiled against freetype
2.0.9 (from woody), many programs in the gnome2.2 backport (and Official
woody too) may break in subtle or not so subtle ways.

I have provided pango packages compiled against freetype >= 2.1 in
gnome2.2/pango_for_xfree86_43/.  These are provided as a courtesy, and
are not considered part of the backport, but should fix the breakages
from using freetype >= 2.1 with the gnome2.2 backport.

Jamie