[Gnuk-users] Did I brick my fst-01?

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Fri Feb 6 06:04:09 UTC 2015

On 02/06/2015 02:19 PM, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
> The latter way of the connection is better for me about stability,
> although it kills the feature of detecting MCU's Vdd (but, just
> loopback-ing programmer's Vdd).  I think that it's worth a try.

For wires, I use the one like this:

   1 Pin Dual-female Jumper Wire--100mm 50pcs Pack:
   http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pin-Dual-female-Jumper-Wire-100mm-50pcs-Pack-/270746937651

   15cm wire (female-female) for breadboard (in Japanese):
   http://akizukidenshi.com/catalog/g/gP-03475/

The connection is:

   ST-Link/V2 --this wire-->pin header--> FST-01

I once used something like following:

   Test-clip for through hole (in Japanese):
   http://strawberry-linux.com/catalog/items?code=94702

It works more reliably, than the pin header solution which might
require some pressure with fingers.  But the availability of this part
is not good and it's too expensive to recommend.