[Gnuk-users] Ed25519 for signing broken?

Jonathan Schleifer js-gnuk-users at webkeks.org
Mon Feb 9 20:09:30 UTC 2015

Am 09.02.2015 um 12:27 schrieb NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe at fsij.org>:

> Note that I tested the patch and it worked for me.

With the patch, it works for me. However, the signature counter does not increase. I get this is another bug?

> On 02/09/2015 05:19 PM, Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
>> In any case, would you be so kind to explain how exactly the keys
>> are stored on the Gnuk?
>
> I wrote a message last month.  Please refer:
>
> http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2015-January/052333.html

That link talks about deactivating the admin PIN. How would I do that with 1.1.4? I guess this doesn't work anymore since 1.1.4 can't set a PIN without keys?

> Well, I found a bug today in the function gpg_do_delete_prvkey in
> openogp-do.c (999-1011).  It's possible keystring is stored in flash
> ROM there.  I will fix soon.

Hm, I guess it then might be advisable to not use the Gnuk until that is fixed? Same for the no signature count thing.

--
Jonathan