[Gnuk-users] gpg: signing failed: Zero prefix in S-expression

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Mon Feb 16 00:59:30 UTC 2015

On 02/16/2015 12:28 AM, Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
> Hm, after re-flashing and putting a different key on it, I get this
> error quite often now. Interestingly, I can either replug or change
> the PIN to make it work again.

Thank you for experiments.  Could you please do the following to debug?

  (1) generate an experimental key of EdDSA
      (not for your actual use, but just for this debugging)

  (2) Store the experimental key into Gnuk Token with an experimental PIN
     (PIN should be OK with a risk to disclose)

  (3) Put debug configurations in your .gnupg/gpg-agent.conf and
     .gnupg/scdaemon.conf.

---------- gpg-agent.conf
enable-ssh-support
debug-level guru
debug-all
log-file /var/tmp/gpg-agent.log

---------- scdaemon.conf
debug-level guru
debug-all
log-file /var/tmp/scdaemon.log

   (4) Try to reproduce the error of "Zero prefix in S-expression"

   (5) When you got an error, please send me the logs of gpg-agent and
       scdaemon.

Thanks in advance.