[Gnuk-users] Small documentation information

micah micah at riseup.net
Tue Feb 17 16:39:24 UTC 2015

Hello!

Just a couple minor documentation issues:

1. http://www.fsij.org/doc-gnuk/gpg-settings.html#let-gpg-agent-manage-ssh-key
says this:

"I deactivate seahose-agent. Also, for GNOME 2, I deactivate
gnome-keyring managing SSH key."

I really like the word "seahose", but I am pretty sure it is supposed to
be Seahorse.

2. http://www.fsij.org/doc-gnuk/gnuk-keytocard-noremoval.html - these
are the instructions for no-removal of the keys from the PC. I think
that the *only* difference from the instructions that involve removal is
that at the very end you *don't* save the changes. It is very easy to
miss this minor detail, even with the bold :)

However, I performed this procedure with gpg2 (for ed25519), and I found
that even without saving, it still removed my secret keys! This is a
surprising change for me, I had to try it a few times to be sure that I
did not make a mistake. I'm glad I made backups. I dont know if you
should document this on this page, or if this is a bug in gpg2 that
should be fixed.

micah